Drop Everything and Re-Schedule For
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Drop Everything and Re-Schedule For
History is Two Fun: Aug., Sept. & Oct.
Get a membership and get 10% off the tuition price of this class and others, plus museum admission. Take class with mom, dad, spouse or friend. One price for two people.
1. Sat., Sept. 20, 9-11:30AM, Kids’ Erector Set Fun: Construct a Ferris Wheel and/or Robot, and/or Automobile and More. Make stuff with the museum director with 1930s -1950s erector sets at our Hands-On History building, $20.
2. Sat., Sept. 27, 2-5PM, Letterpress Printing Class. Learn about composition and design. Set lead type on a 95 year old printing press. Class limit. $38
3. Sat., Sept. 13, 10-3PM, Pinhole Camera Photography 101 with Amy Hagberg. Learn about how cameras work, build your own camera, take photos, and develop them in a darkroom. Class limit. $45 Cancelled: We are re-scheduling. call and get on the list.
4. Sat. Sept. 27, 9-2PM: Blacksmithing 101: Make a Squirrel (and chicken)Cooking Rotisserie, $45 Other beginner projects also possible.
5. Sun., September 21, 12-2PM, Kids’ Old Fashioned Work Day: Do Laundry, Cut Wood with Two Man Saws, Use a Block and Tackle, and Make Corn Meal like they did in the 19th Century, $20.
6. Sat., September 20, 1-3PM: Victorian Cooking: Make and Bake Muffins from Scratch on a Wood Stove and Butter Too with Johanne Vaters, $20.
7. Sun., September 21, 9-2PM, Blacksmithing 101: Make a J (Coat) Hook on a Coal Forge with Daniel Blekkenk and Bob Schmick, $60, Ages 13 and older.
8. Sat., Oct. 4, 9-2PM. Blacksmithing 101: Make a J Hook and an S Hook with Betsy DeBrakeleer, $60. Ages 13 and older.
9. Sun., Oct. 26, 9-2PM. Blacksmithing 101: Make a J Hook and an S Hook with Betsy DeBrakeleer, $60. Ages 13 and older.
10. Sat., September 20, 9-11:30: Make Sauerkraut Like Grandma Made. Learn about this Maine pickling tradition using crocks and the like. Make and eat. Take home your sauerkraut in 2 Mason jars, $20. Ages 10 and older.
11. Sat., Sept. 27, 9-11:30AM, Make Horseradish Cider with Adriaan Gerber. $20 Take home two Mason jars of your cider. Class Limited. RSVP or walk-in.
17. Sat., Sept. , 12Noon-6PM: Blacksmithing: Knife and/or Tomahawk Making with Bladesmith Adriaan Gerber, Forge a blade and harden it. $125/$250
18. 2-Day Class: Sat., Sept. 6 9-2PM & Sun. Sept. 7 : Fire-Making and Survival Class with Adriaan Gerber: Forge a strike o’ light (blacksmithing) to make your campfire and a hunting knife. Collect tinder, make a shelter in the woods using lashings, build fire with your strike o’ light, and knife, and cook chicken on an open fire, camp out, if you like. 1-Day $100 (strike o’ light). 2 Day Package: $175 (strike o’ light and knife).
19. Sat., Aug. 30, 9-5PM and/or Sun., or 2 Day Class Metal Casting with Peter Grant: Cast an Aluminum Object and a 4 Inch Brass Bell, $100, $ 175 (multiple projects)
20. Sat. Sept. 13, 10-4PM and or Sun. Sept. 14, 10-4PM: Beginning Blacksmithing with Adriaan Gerber (adriaangerberknives.com), $125. Learn from a professional blacksmith the basics and create several objects on a coal forge. Tools and materials provided. Two days of blacksmith instruction, $250 (multiple projects).
21. Sat., Sept. 6, 9-12Noon: Make Bread on a 19th Century Wood Stove with Johanne Vaters, $20. (Victorian Kitchen).
22. Sun., Aug. 31 , 9-4PM, Make a Propane Metalcasting Furnace or Blacksmithing Forge. Cut, weld (we do that), and form a working furnace or forge using an empty propane tank, metal stock, metal pipe, refractory cement and a 3 PSI or greater propane gauge and hose. $295
23. Sat., Sept. 20 , 9-4PM, Make a Propane Metal Casting Furnace or Blacksmithing Forge. Cut, weld (we do that), and form a working furnace or forge using an empty propane tank, metal stock, metal pipe, refractory cement and a 3 PSI or greater propane gauge and hose. $295
RSVP Please. email@example.com,
or (207) 793-2784.